The name 'golden' anniversary is so apt since this precious metal - among the most coveted across the world - is an enduring symbol of strength and beauty, besides being resistant to corrosion and wear and tear. There is something about the shimmer and glint of gold that has held mankind spellbound since ancient times.
For the Golden anniversary, more than the couple, it is usually the children, family and friends who get together and throw a celebratory party to mark this milestone in their married life.
But, hey, you want to give your wife something spectacular, too, to show her just how much you still love her. So, here are few vital facts. It goes without saying that both, the traditional and contemporary gifts list, have gold as the theme running through them. The jewellery can be gold or based on the gemstone imperial topaz while the flower for this legendary anniversary has traditionally been violet.
1. This is the time to splurge a bit - all for a good cause! Kids are settled by now and you are done with repaying loans and mortgage payments. Indulge in guilt-free shopping to sweep the one woman who has stood by you all through these 50 years off her feet. Give her a rose- not the wilting variety - actual 25k gold rose! Or, go for real red roses, dipped in gold to preserve the moment for eternity.
2. Renew your wedding vows and give her a personalised anniversary band, engraved with a special message from you.
3. Whisk her away on a surprise holiday (maybe after the celebratory party so as not to disappoint family and friends). How about the Gold Coast, considered to be one of the most beautiful holiday destinations in the world? Raise a toast to each other with personalised gold-rimmed champagne flutes. Try and get a champagne bottle that dates back to the year in which you got married.
4. Shower her with gold jewellery - earrings, rings, pendants, chains and necklaces and bracelets. Make her look as radiant as this special day.
5. Make her a golden cloth-covered memory album, filled with special photographs from each of the 50 wonderful years that you have spent together. Write a tender observation below each photograph, and end with, 'Here's to 50 more...!'
6. Gold-framed personalised montage of poems and photographs dedicated to her. Place your wedding photograph at the centre and go down memory lane together...
7. Just be romantic and yourself. Show her that age might have whitened your hair and slackened your gait a bit, but your heart still beats as wildly as it did when you first saw her and fell madly in love. Try and recapture the magic of your first year together.
Above all, enjoy these treasured moments. You are among the privileged few who make it to this magical number. Happy Golden Anniversary!
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/4895611